Thursday, May 7, 2009

John Taylor Gatto: On Life and Education

Worth watching. Beautifully edited and narrated. May not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it is valuable food for thought. The ending was a bit much for me, but I get the point.

From the author of the video:

I've written a few thoughts after reading through John Taylor Gatto's new book, Weapons of Mass Instruction, check it out here: http://oldthinkernews.com/Articles/ol...

I made this compilation of various audio and video clips featuring John Taylor Gatto in an attempt to capture what I think is the spirit behind his work. It's easy to see how the spark of life can be squelched in the schooling system. Easily managed people make for an easy day for the elite of society. Incomplete, predictable people are the products of forced schooling. Ironically, we owe a great deal of credit for building our current society and schooling system to individuals who were dropouts. Some of these elites were John D. Rockefeller Sr.(high school dropout), Andrew Carnegie (elementary school dropout) and others.

-Daniel Taylor





Kudos friends and family!

~Heather
xoxoxo

No comments: