Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring breaks of the past and present

Top o' the morning folks!

Twenty years ago this week some friends and I flew to Corpus Christy, TX from Houston for Spring Break. It was one of the best weeks of my life. I've had some really amazing friends over the years who have stretched my mind and my limits. I'm so grateful to them.

Twelve years ago today I was in New York city with a cousin during the St. Patrick's Day parade. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for parades. Growing up in Houston, TX, with my grandmother, we used to spend at least an hour riding buses to get to downtown Houston to see various parades. Those are some of the best times of my life with her. I'm so glad she took the time to do those things with me. Today the kids and I will head to the local parade to share our joy with those lucky folks.

Last year for spring break Cliff was just getting back to the U.S. from Iraq. It was one of the best Spring Breaks ever! It has been a year since he made it home. Here's to happy endings and new beginnings!!

Happy Spring Break and happy St. Patrick's Day! The kids and I will be doing a lot of celebrating today. It's going to be in the 70s and we're so excited about the next few weeks. We have so much to celebrate. Mainly that winter is about over and it wasn't a nasty one.

~Heather
xoxox

No comments: