Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Who invented camoflage?



Lately, we've been finding cicadas on the streets. Here is one I found yesterday. I took some close ups. Every time I look closely at these creatures I am so amazed at their features.

A few years ago, a friend passed on a really awesome five minute movie about cicadas, called the "Return of the 17-Year Cicadas." <==click to watch it. It is set to a beautiful song by Enya.

I love to listen to the sound of the cicadas in the evening, but I don't think I've heard them lately. Maybe this is an off year for them?

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh my god.......that is HUGE!!

Thanks for visiting my Blog!

Mama Podkayne said...

Was it R who sent you the link? I found that video about 3 years ago and used it in a class I taught. I sent it to a bunch of people that year!

Heather's Moving Castle said...

Meg (simon's mom) sent it to IAUNSCHOOLERS two summers ago. I don't know where she found it. I have always been fascinated with bugs. That's cool that you used it for a class. Meg's husband is a bug expert (for a living).

Happy days to you and yours!

Heather ;)