Sunday, August 10, 2008

Going to the fair!






We spent a crazy eight day (8-8-8) at the Iowa State Fair. Last I knew it was the largest fair in the world (or at least in the U.S.). There must have been over 100,000 people there on 8-8-8. The weather has been awesome for the fair this year! We parked our car at the State Capitol building and rode the shuttle bus to the fair. It saves us a little gas money not having to drive an extra 10 miles round trip. Plus we like taking the shuttle bus. Round trip it cost our family $5 to ride the bus. We took the baby stroller, and although Camden is old enough to walk for long periods it is nice to take to hold our waters, snacks, etc. Neither Cliff nor I were feeling up to carrying him when he got tired. And boy did he! So did we. The heat was a little more than I had expected.

2 comments:

Heidi Snavley said...

You did good getting out of a fair for only $100. Here it is $10 just to get in the door and I think $8 for the kids so that is $44 just to get in for our family. I hate the fair! I try to keep a good attitude about it for the kids though. Glad you had fun:)

Heather's Moving Castle said...

Heidi~ The fair is a bit overpriced. I doubt we'll get to every year now. I was hot and I don't like big crowds. But the kids sure love it.