Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Dog days of fall

Our Cocker Spanial, Shadow (6) gets a lot of attention from Camden lately. I get a kick of watching him pet her tummy and her ears. Yesterday he found some tape on her fur and took it off so sweetly. He is so cute with her. He goes crazy over our cat Pebbles too. He cries when she wants to go outside to get away from him. Shadow jumped on the couch to sit by Camden and I couldn't resist to take a picture. Afterward Shadow jumped on Holden's lap so I figured since I had the camera handy I better take pictures of Holden and Shadow too. She is not a photogenic dog. I often take photos of her and she is so hard to see because she is so dark. But we love her!

A little while later I was cleaning the kitchen and I spotted some construction paper. So I asked Holden if he wanted to make a bat, pumpkin or turkey with hand and feet cut outs. He spent so much time on the pumpkin that we skipped attempting anything else. He was trying to color the whole pumpkin dark to make it scary. LOL. He has a mind of his own! Camden thought it would be cool to marker his own nose orange. I didn't even see him do it! Very creative! Little moments like these make the dog days of fall memorable.

We're missing Cliff here today. He went to help at a funeral of a person who was in the Navy. When he gets home I imagine he'll start packing to go to work tomorrow out of town. The boys and I have stuff to do away from home so that will take out mind off of him being gone.

3 comments:

Heidi Snavley said...

What a cool looking dog, what is she? She kind of looks like some kind of spaniel.

Heather's Moving Castle said...

Shadow is a pure bred Cocker Spaniel. Shadow was given to us when she was about 2 1/2 years by a neighbor. The neighbor was moving into an apartment and thought it was mean to coop her up all day. Plus she wasn't around much anyhow to give her attention. She's a great guard dog and very smart!

Leann said...

cute pictures of the kids.looks like you have a artist there.don,t you just love dogs they have their own personalitys and are a real gift from God.I have had many and they were all little four footed angels.God bless you all.