Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Science Center kinda day



It was another gray and rainy day here so we headed to the Science Center of Iowa of Des Moines for some indoor fun! But I called ahead of time to see if any buses were going to be there. We were in luck! It was mostly families this morning...no buses. We went to all of our favorite platforms, splurged and went to see Imax show, "Lewis & Clark: Great Journey West" (I Loved IT!), and we saw the "Secret of the Cardboard Rocket" at the Star Theater. I learned a ton about Lewis and Clark and our solar system. It was fun as always exploring the platforms with Holden and Camden. There were a lot of families there too. The boys made a few friends as well. It was great to get out!

3 comments:

Heidi Snavley said...

These are the things that Alaska lacks that I wish we had!! How fun!! We do have a small one but it doesn't change much so my kids get bored with it. We haven't been in a while though so maybe we will have to go this next week.

zamozo said...

Cool day at the SCI! I wanted to drop you a note and wish you and Cliff a Happy Anniversary! I wish you fulfilled dreams come true for the rest of your lives together!

Leann said...

looked like a fun time for all.happy anniversary.mine was last month the 20th.have a good day.God bless you all.