Sunday, September 3, 2006

State Parks and stinging insects

I just wanted to add that from what I have seen and understand most of the Iowa State Parks have beautiful stone and wood craftmanship. I have been amazed at some of the State Parks we have been to. It always seems the drive was nothing but with cornfields along the road and then all the sudden the road into the State Park would be heavily wooded and serene. I believe there are at least 70 or so State Parks in Iowa. One of my favorites was in NE Iowa, Backbone State Park. NE Iowa is the most awesome and gorgeous area of Iowa, in my opinion. A State Park I would love to see is Maquoketa Caves State Park on the far east side of Iowa.

In my previous post I implied that we don't have stinging insects in Iowa. Iowa does have insects that sting. But they're mostly the flying kind that only sting when they are provoked. We had a hornet nest near our front door a few years back and they were provoked a few times! Ouch!! But the good news is they aren't in every yard or in every house.

No comments: