Saturday, September 19, 2009

Where did my babies go?






My babies are growing up! Camden will be five in a few weeks. I remember last year he was still in diapers. He wasn't sleeping through the night either. And I am so amazed at how much a year can change life. He is going to the bathroom without a fuss and he is still asleep today at almost 11am. We were up kinda late last (11pm) night with friends. We also finished reading another "Captain Underpants" at bedtime---he loves Captain Underpants! We had a really busy day yesterday as well. It was a really fun day. I love watching him sleep in the mornings. He is so beautiful! I love seeing him wake up happy and refreshed. I have time to spend with Holden and with hubby in the mornings. Cliff and I had two hours alone this morning. This has been the case a lot lately.

Getting to this point was a realllllly slow process, but I am so glad we took our time. For the most part we tried to be as respectful to our kids as possible. There were times I regret being grumpy, yelling, or not being gentle. It was all worth the time and effort to give our kids a chance to grow up in their own way and time frame. They are beautiful and amazing. My husband and I adore them so much.

I miss my cute little babies! But I love this new stage just as much! It was so worth it to have kids who are self confident, self knowing, capable, funny, intelligent, and living each day to the fullest.

Camden still needs a lot of adult help, and so does Holden. We are happy to help. We know it is all worth the effort!

3 comments:

Heidi Snavley said...

It's amazing how every stage is a "favorite" isn't it? Hands down teenage is the best:) I think I've said that at every stage:)

Heather's Moving Castle said...

I am so excited about the teenage years! I really wanted to go on a hike with them today. But they would rather play in sand, jump on the trampoline, gaming, bike, watch cartoons, eat, and just be with their friends. All that is great, and I love it! But my thighs really wanted a hike. lol.

Deanne said...

What a lovely post, and lovely family!