Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Letting our hairs hang long and other stuff

We went for haircuts yesterday. Both boys decided they want their hair long. They don't like their bangs in their eyes, so they got bang trims only. I did side hairs and bang trims for them last time. I will probably do it from now on--I was getting my hair trimmed anyway yesterday, and they were with me. I will not say here why they want long hair. Let's just say a certain unschooling friend inspired them. I love that they feel free to be who they want to be. Photos to come later this week.

Yesterday we went to see the chickens who lay our eggs and to get more eggs. We took a little friend and it was a lot of fun to watch the kids roam around the farm. I really enjoy being out in the country, too.

Tomorrow afternoon we will be going to park day or skating, depending on if it is going to rain. That is a hard thing to predict. It can be very overcast and never rain. Cliff and I have been talking about the rain chances. For instance, if there is 30% chance of rain, that means only 30% of the viewing area will see rain. The weather folks can't predict weather for each of their viewers. It makes sense to me. It is interesting to think about during the wet season. We've had a lot of rain this week. But we'd like to be outside too. It is hard to plan outdoor activities and what to wear with this kind of weather. I've been packing a small duffel bag of items. It contains sweatshirts, t-shirts, pants, and shorts. Mainly, so we can change if we get muddy or cold. But soon, I hope, it will be to layer down to cool off. :O)

We have a lot going on this afternoon. But I love these kinds of mornings when we can just take it easy. Camden is playing dress up and Holden is still asleep. He was up late with his dad. Now dad is off to a doctor appointment.

This weekend our neighborhood and town will have its annual garage sale, then curb it day on Monday. We have lot of things on our wish list to get. And we also have a lot of things to put on the curb. It will be a fun weekend. Holden is going to help a friend at a garage sale, too.

Camden needs this computer now. Grateful vibes to you and to all.

Peace all!

~Heather
xoxox

No comments: