Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My grateful, "What If?"




What if people stopped buying new cars and kept their used cars or bought used cars instead of new?

What if a bunch of people decided they could learn to live within their means?

What if people quit using credit cards and paid off their debt instead?

What if more and more moms decided to stay home to raise their kids and didn't spend as much money as before?

What if more people shopped second hand?

What if people started growing their own food and meat?

What if more people started realizing how little it really takes to have really healthy and happy children?

What if people stopped buying huge houses, so they could work less?

What would happen if people realized less is really more?

What if people were sick of being dumb little worker bees?

What if people stopped being good consumers who are expected to drive an economy?

I could go on and on. But I think you get my point. You can probably list about 50 other things I didn't "what if?".

I know what would happen. And I can see what did happen. I also think America is still a really awesome country. Even if I became homeless I would still be grateful to be here and to be alive. America is a wonderful country full of promise and opportunities for every person. Sometimes we hit unexpected times and they can knock the wind out of us. But those with a sense of humor and positive attitude will always make things work out. I am so grateful we were already doing the above things for about five years. I'm happy for all those out there who are realizing their own American Dream and who are making their dreams come true.

What if we all woke up each day and made a list of things we are grateful for and hugged our family members?

I'm so grateful to be alive in this day and age of the world. I am grateful to be here and feel love for neighbors, friends, and family no matter what color, religion, lack of religion, stay at home mom, working mom, single mom, unemployed, bottle feeder, bed wetter, man, elderly, and disabled.

I'm so grateful to be alive in this day and age of the world. I am grateful to be here and feel love for the earth. I wish all people could experience the ocean, mountains, sunsets, sun rises, lakes, rivers, beauty of trees, colorful fields of flowers, birds singing, snow falling on a windy winter day, sledding, walking down a trail filled with trees and birds above, wild animals in the distance, and other creatures.

I'm so grateful to be alive in this day and age of the world. I wish all people could feel grateful to be here and feel love and respect for babies and children. They just want us to love them, protect them, listen to them, play with them, and let them be who they are. I'm so grateful for my husband and children. They add so much to my life. I am honored to care for them and experience their happy days and sad days too.

There is so much to be thankful for even when some days it seems the world is so unfair and unkind. We can each make a difference just by smiling and loving each other and ourselves. We can all do a little bit to make the world a better place.

Love, light and laughter to all!
~Heather xoxox

6 comments:

Lifedreamed said...

beautiful

GreenRanchingMom said...

Wow! I agree, BEAUTIFUL!

If all that happened, then people would truly Love each other, and there would be no hunger, or homelessness, because others would have money to help the homeless, and helpless.

And, they would all understand why you are truly happy.

Heather's Moving Castle said...

Thanks! I was inspired by another blogger yesterday. It is contagious!

Deanne said...

I'm grateful that you blog! ;) Thanks for sharing your joy with us. It is contagious. :D

Wheelchair Mama said...

Thank you for you. I love you, Mama B.

Heather's Moving Castle said...

Awww! Thank you all!! I can't believe how much I love you all too!!! It is such a gift to know you all IRL and on the web!!! ;o)