Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thoughts and our reality

Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the negativity of things, other people, or situations we are in. What I have been trying to get really good at is staying clear of things that bring me down. If a certain show, radio program, or person is consistently a real downer I try to keep my distance. I feel I deserve to be happy, centered, and calm. When my children are having a bad day I have to try really hard to be empathetic. But if an adult is actively choosing to focus on the negative, I don't have as much empathy. My thinking, and from personal experience, is that we each choose our reality through our thoughts. Our situation is only as bad as we think it is and our attitude can make or break each moment of our life. Most of us have lived through adverse situations. I have tried panicking, over reacting, and having a pity party. Those are the times I have felt the worse and brought worse to my life. It is times when I have chosen to remain calm and look at the bright side that have made my life better than ever!



A child can always teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.
Paulo Coelho


As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person. Paul Shane Spear

In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins; not through strength, but through persistence. Buddha

Real life is not always going to be perfect or go our way, but the recurring acknowledgment of what is working in our lives can help us not only survive but surmount our difficulties.
Sarah Ban Breathnach

The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious of the rose. Kahlil Gibran

There is no better opportunity to receive more than to be thankful for what you already have. Thanksgiving opens up the windows of the opportunity for ideas to flow your way.

Jim Rohn

Love and peace!
~Heather xoxoxox



4 comments:

Unschoolers Rock the Campground said...

Thank you for the reminder :)

GreenRanchingMom said...

You are a wonderful, inspinring, and smart woman and mother.
Please make sure you are thankful for yourself too. I'm sure you don't give yourself enough credit.

Deanne said...

What beautiful words and pictures - inspiring! Thanks you! :D

Heather's Moving Castle said...

You all are so kind. I wrote it as a reminder to myself as well. I have read a few books about thoughts and reality. They helped a lot. And I have to be really careful about not getting swept away with negative perceptions. I try to stay in the middle and see both realities. I know a lot of our thinking and habits are learned. So I try to stay around positive people or in happy situations. That helps a lot.

I wish you all luck on your own inner peace.

Hugs,
Heather ;0)