Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ice Age and destitute situation at a local mall




It is going to be -16 here tonight for a low. I don't even know what the high was, but tomorrow's is supposed to be 0 degrees. We ventured out here a few times today. It was sunny and very beautiful out despite the bitter cold. We had to take Cliff to the airport and later on we went to Southridge Mall in Des Moines to replace Holden's winter coat and snow boots. The dog destroyed them when we were in Texas. She thought the zippers were tasty. We didn't find any snow boots, but we found a decent winter coat for a good deal. Southridge Mall is not doing well and we found lots of things on sale. The selections were not too great though in some stores. I was sad to see the mall looking like it is going under. But I could be wrong about that. I do feel for so many people in a tight spot with finances. We were living high on the hog for a long while. Life has a way of balancing itself out.

Thankfully the temps here will get back to normal 20s and 30s for highs on Friday and stay that way for a bit. Unfortunately, I don't know when the financial outlook for America will get back to better days. Cliff picked a great time to go back to college. I think that is the only reason I can look at the bright side. We are financially o.k. thanks to the VA help he gets since he is falling apart physically. He needs to go to the doctor for some other physical issues he is having. But that has to wait a bit longer.

I'm missing my hubby, but I am so glad to have my two little buddies here with me. Tonight when we got home from shopping Holden (7) gave me an unexpected hug. We had a good time at the mall, but I didn't think it was that great. Cliff is missing us too, and I'm glad he'll be home tomorrow night. We're meeting friends tomorrow afternoon at a coffee shop and that should be fun. All is well here. And for that we are grateful, and will sleep tight every night.

I've been working on my sidebar over the past month. See if you notice anything new. I changed a lot of things and added some things too. An update about the Hina dolls is to come before this month is over. Sorry for the delay. I just haven't been inspired to write about it yet. I do enjoy seeing the dolls everyday though. They are really neat and brighten my day.

May your hearts be happy. Love and light to all...

~Heather
xoxox

2 comments:

Karen said...

Heather, I'm sorry to hear about Cliff's health troubles, though I'm really glad you guys have good insurance!
I love reading about you and your boys... such happiness!

Heather's Moving Castle said...

Aw, thanks Karen. You know I like reading about your life (the words food and animals in slash outs) too. Keep warm, my friend. My dog doesn't want to go out to pee. I can imagine how a pup would feel. :(

Heather :)