Sunday, January 25, 2009

Finally....

Our new high efficiency furnace is finally installed. It works great! I can't wait to see how much it is going to save us. Our other one was about 15 years old and not efficient. We had to freeze our buns off to keep our bill to about $120 a month. Cliff and a good friend of his got it installed yesterday. They did a fabulous job! It was a lot of work, but it is done. Cliff's friend lives a few hours away and so we are glad it worked out! We'll still keep our furnace temp around 65 or 66 at the highest during the day in winter months. And we sleep with it at about 63 or less. Our bedrooms stay cozy.

Now we just have to find a home for our 1980s Carrier furnace. It is sitting in our garage. I guess we'll call around or put it on Craigslist. It still works. We hate to throw it away, but that is what may happen to it in May, if no one wants it. Or Cliff can take it to the scrap metal place for cash.

We are having some nasty cold weather here. It was about 10 degrees or so here for a high. We got about 3 or 4 inches of snow last night and more is on the way. It was a good weekend for us. Busy, but good. Tonight we had ham/veggie/15 bean soup with honey drizzled cornbread. Gotta love that comfort food this time of year! I'm thinking we need some ice candles for the front stoop. Just gotta remember how we did it last time.

Love and light friends and family,
Heather oxoxox

2 comments:

Wheelchair Mama said...

Ice candles--do explain!

Heather's Moving Castle said...

If you do a search on "ice candles" in the search field on my blog (at the top) you will see my post about them. There are other ways to do it, but this is the fastest and easiest.

I just took a large round candle tonight and put it in a large sauce pan of red colored water. The candle started to float, so I placed my skillet on top to hold it down. In the morning the candle will be surrounded by red ice and I will place it on my stoop outside and light it. :)