Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My grateful list

Tonight I feel so lucky to be alive and able to be a mother and wife. My youngest fell asleep cuddled next to me while we sat in bed reading a long children's picture book. Holden and I smiled to see his sudden peace.
~ I'm so grateful I don't live in Johnston, IA today. And I am sorry I can't help those people there. The water is coming up tonight and may flood downtown Des Moines tomorrow after a spillway was opened to relieve an overflowing lake. More rain is on the way.
~ I'm grateful I am safe and dry.
~ I'm grateful my husband's shoulder is healing so well after his surgery on Friday. Although, he's still in a sling and will be sorta disabled for a month or longer.
~ I'm grateful for healthy boys and my abundant health.
~ I'm grateful for longer days of summer.
~ I'm grateful for a loving husband and all he does for our family.
~ I'm grateful for so many loving people in my life.

I could go on, but I will stop there. xoxox

No comments: