Monday, May 26, 2008

Sweet children of mine





I feel like the luckiest person alive. We had a really awesome weekend. We dodged some serious storms here. We woke up to quite a few branches and tree debris on the ground. But nothing we can't handle. We (boys, Cliff, niece and I) were snuggled up in the basement watching a movie when the power kept going out last night. We knew a storm was coming and decided to watch a movie downstairs. The winds were whipping away. We feel quite fortunate we didn't have a tornado, just high winds and rain.

Cliff and I went on date on Saturday night while our lovely niece watched the boys. Yesterday was a nice day too. We went outside a lot. Kali and I went on a few hikes at nearby parks (county and state). We hit a nature trail about 3 miles away that was awesome! We want to go again when the ground is less soggy.

Today turned out to be quite nice too! Cliff's sister, husband, and kiddos came by for a dinner. It was so nice out we just stayed outside and ate on the back deck.

Besides having Kali here both boys have had their friends over a lot. So Kali and I have had a lot of girl time. She and Holden have had a lot of one on one time as well. It's been so great having a pre-teen around! She loves the lake and finger pond near our house. She loves everything and is so positive all the time. Of course, I am pretty good with teens. I don't make a lot of silly demands and rules (neither does Cliff). And she in return offers to help with a lot of things.

Life is feeling really great tonight! BUT tomorrow I have my yearly woman exam which was rescheduled two weeks ago b/c there was a two hour wait last time I went in (long sigh). AND Cliff is supposed to have shoulder on Thursday. It was postponed last week. He is ready to get it OVER with.

What else can I add? Happy days to all...

XOXOXOX

1 comment:

Karen said...

I've been putting off my mammogram for months now!! Will be thinking of Cliff, you and the boys on Thursday.