Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lost and found


We thought the painted turtle we found about four days ago was long gone. Until I was in the bathroom washing my hands and saw a strange site next our brushes. LOL. The kids and I were really happy to see him. And he was glad not to be trapped anymore. We are really going to be releasing him to the wild soon. I promise! I am a little attached to this little turtle though. We were supposed to do it today. Maybe tomorrow.

These are the funny things that happen here with two boys and their friends about. Not so funny for the turtle though. We thought he made his great escape in the back yard!

2 comments:

piscesgrrl said...

I can't let my son Jonathan see this - he BEGS for turtles. We had one for a while - got him from a friend who didn't want him anymore. I had the bright idea to build him an enclosure in the garden, which he LOVED. But one day he escaped. We like to muse about how happy he probably (read: hopefully) is down in the swail in our the pasture behind our house, eating insects, paddling along... *sigh*

I can see how you'd get attached to that little critter!

Karen said...

The girls and I saw a whole lot of turtles at PetCo in West Des Moines last week...