Friday, May 9, 2008

Can't drive 55 (cram session math)

The past few weeks we have been in the car both boys GO NUTS pointing our numbers on signs (like Speed Limit signs), Camden points out letters, they ask the ages of about 10 people (young and old) and hold up fingers for the ages they can do on their hands. I point to Speed Limit signs with my age on it. They add numbers and ask so many questions that I feel like my head will spin. It amazes me how much they can learn every day by just living life. We don't need to sit and drill them. They are excited about life! Camden (3) has never been to preschool, but knows all his colors and more. He can play Jigzone.com on the computer and play CD Rom games. Cliff and I love seeing their joy for life and ever wonder. Some days it is down right tiring! But they own their learning and we try to answer any questions they have. We find interesting things to do and try to let them help with anything they ask to do. This is really an exciting way to parent and we can see the fruits of our labor. They are very interesting people. Other people love to be around them. That is saying a lot.

O.k. that is all for now. I just had to make note of our fun car cram sessions--which are not started by me!

1 comment:

piscesgrrl said...

It IS an amazing way to live! Unschooling ROCKS.