Saturday, May 17, 2008

The carpet is done and movies

Well, the weekend started off great! We got the carpet done. We ended up paying someone, but he did a great job--and he wasn't too expensive. So far the weather has been amazing the past two days. And wouldn't ya know that cold I have kept at bay has finally reared its ugly head. Both Cliff and I are feeling yucky with head congestion. But it will pass.

On Friday I went to garage sales with a neighbor. We had fun. I picked up a ton of awesome books and items for the boys for $12. When I got home the carpet guy was at our house. After he finished we all went to see the second Chronicles of Narnia movie, Prince Caspian. It was really good, but not as good as the book. It was over two hours and I thought it could have been longer. LOL. The book went into a lot more character and background detail. We rented The Golden Compass a few weeks ago, and it was a good movie as well. I loved the polar bears and the main character. It irritates me when people judge movies and books without ever reading or seeing them. I try not to pay too much attention to who wrote the book as much as what the book means to me. Books all have hidden meanings. And in my opinion, most works of art (like fiction books) can be interpreted differently depending on how open or closed your mind is.

Holden had a blast today playing with friends and Camden crashed at 6:30 p.m. tonight. Cliff took the boys fishing today and then the boys had friends over when they got home. All the kids love the basement, and it is so fun watching them making forts and playing down there. Can't wait to do my workout DVDs down there. I have been using Cliff's laptop to play my workouts. Not fun! And last time I did my workout in the kitchen. Oh boy.

I am up way later than I had planned. I am going to attempt to fall asleep again. Happy day to you. And here's to me getting some good sleep tonight. (Please ignore any typos! I am too sick to care!) XOXOX

No comments: