Sunday, December 3, 2006

Unschooling Voices #6

The newest addition of the Unschooling Voices blog carnival is available. If you look closely you may find my submission. It looks like a fun month to check it out.

December topic:
What interesting activities, projects or experiments have your kids done this past year?

I wish I had gathered more of our activities over the year as others did for their submission. We did some really fun stuff. At the moment we are making ice candles. They are sitting out on the back porch and should be frozen by tonight. We made a red one and a green one. I'll add a photo to my blog tomorrow or tonight. I got the idea from Heather in Alaska. Thanks! See her blog for photos.

Hope everyone is staying warm. So far we have no snow in central Iowa, but lots of cold air. It was 10 degrees this morning when I woke up. The high will be about 28. We (kids and I) have errands to run today. I think we'll wait until we reach the high. lol.


1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm glad you got the chance to make some! My hubby just made a good point yesterday that I need to make sure when/if the candles with food coloring melt(doubt anytime soon for us) that they are not in places I don't wanted stained or that could track in the house...Yesterday we made some more too...this time some orange and purple ones...we couldn't help ourselves experimenting with colors!!! :)