Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Howl's Moving Castle

I was going to post more Science Center pictures. I have some I took in the hallway and room by the SCI "Star Theatre" planetariam. But I'll save them for another time. Ever since I was a young girl in Texas I have loved to look up to the heavens, admire sunsets, and the moon. I am absolutely thrilled with all the learning opportunities having children has given me again! I never realized how much I missed by being in school and how little I actually remember in those days of being force fed bits and pieces of information. And after school I mostly played with friends or watched re-runs on TV. So I am making up for too many lost years of utter bordem! Over the past few years Holden and I have been learning about galaxies, stars, planets, and the earth. I am hopeful we'll have a telscope one day or make it to a planetarium with one of those humongous ones!

I stumbled onto these pictures from the movie, "Howl's Moving Castle." Last week, Karen, told me she read the novel to her kids recently and how much she enjoyed it! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who finds "Howl's Moving Castle" fascinating. I'm a romatic by heart and the comedy within the book and movie suits me well. I am not a blood, guts, and gore lover. I'm a softy! The violence in the movie pertains to war and Howl is anti-war. I love that about him!! There's just not enough men like that out there. I read a Robin William's quote on IMDb: "A woman would never make a nuclear bomb. They would never make a weapon that kills, no, no. They'd make a weapon that makes you feel bad for a while." Very true!

Also, Cliff has been looking at buses turned into RVs on Ebay. It is amazing to see how many there are out there! I think the idea of living in a bus and driving a bus seems appealing to guys! The shear power of a bus rolling down the highway must be awesome! I don't totally get it but I am starting to! We saw RV with Robin Williams and Jeff Daniels this weekend. Jeff Daniel's bus was so totally kick butt in that movie that I wanted a tour of the bus and to head out on the highway with it!

So there you have it! I am dreaming of my Cliff (AKA wizard Howl) sweeping me off my feet and waving goodbye to this lovely place for now. (See Sophie at the end of the trolly overlooking the town--that could be me one day on our bus!) It may not end up being the most beautiful bus like on the movie, RV, but it will be moving, and it will be taking us out into the great big world. I won't say life will be perfect. And it won't be easy! But financially it still seems like the best way for us to get out from under a lot of debt. Plus the kids and I are so ready for a change!! Will we miss Iowa?? Will we ever move back here?? Who knows! But I do know life is full of things to see, do, people/kids to meet and visit with and family and friends to spend time with in other areas of the U.S.! I will miss my friends here and probably even Cliff's family. I feel like Dorothy on the "Wizard of Oz"! If we get homesick, I'll just click my heels three times and come home. Where is home?? Wherever the heart is! My home is here for now and Iowa will always be a safe refuge for us.

No comments: