Saturday, August 26, 2006

Hot apple pie will cheer me up!

I love apples! The kids love apples. My kitchen and living room are decorated with an apple theme. And until we go to the grocery store we had no apples! Until I look out the window and in our neighbor's back yard I am reminded of something free and wonderful. Something that is a nuisance to them is a joy to us! They have an apple tree! Every year they tell us to help ourselves to the apples. They have more than they can use. So Holden asked them to make sure. Of course they said take as many as we'd like. So Cliff, Holden, and Camden went to pick some apples. All I had to do to get them motivated was tell them we could make a pie and an apple crisp as well.

They
both turned out yummy! The picture of Camden and I with the pie was taken by Holden right before I put the pie in the oven. Camden had just taken off his diaper and shorts. It was bath time as well. So that is why he is so bare. Shoulda covered him with the pie. Oh well! My arm and hand blocked enough.

Holden was torn between wanting to help us make pie and playing with friends. He did both! Cliff and Holden peeled the apples and Cliff cored and sliced them. I did the rest. Seemed like a bargain to me!

The only thing is that I only needed 15 apples and they picked about 40?? I'm hoping we can eat them all before they rot! Tomorrow we're going to Cliff's grandmother's and she has a pear and apple tree and can't use all her fruit either. If anyone out there lives local to me and wants apples, just email me. Lol.

Holden says we need to plant a pear, apple, and plum tree in our yard. And he was serious! I didn't have the heart to tell him we wouldn't be here forever. He understand our plans for the future but I don't think he REALLY understands as an adult does. He's 4! I will miss a lot of things about Iowa--the people, the weather (I enjoy most of the year), and FREE apples! I just told Holden his idea was a great idea and smiled!

I had to ask my myself if our lives are always so eventful or
if I am trying to impress my blog viewers! I have to be totally honest! Our lives have always been eventful! And I am tickled to have a way to use all my digital photos. I have family and friends out of town whom I miss (I MISS YOU!) and hope will keep up on our lives and see what we're up to. I think this is great way for people to learn about Iowa too! I know my kids will love seeing this when they are older. And I will really miss Iowa! It's a neat place. At least we'll have Cliff's family and our friends to come back to see.



No comments: