Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Bald Eagle, other birds, and chipmunks

Holden claimed a bald eagle flew right over his head on Monday while he was in the backyard. We were both glad he did not have his coon cap on. I asked him if he was sure it was a bald eagle and he said he was sure. So skip to today: As the boys and I are leaving our neighborhood I spotted a bald eagle! It was flying across the highway toward the lake in our neighborhood. The wingspan was amazing and confirmed to me that Holden knew what he was talking about on Monday!

It inspired us to pick up a new bird feeder and seeds to do some backyard bird watching this fall and winter. Every day we see new birds on our back porch looking for food.

On a totally different note, we have chipmunks living in our crawl space. I could hear one in the vent by the back porch. Holden peeked into the vent and saw it! Cliff and Holden investigated it and that will be their weekend project---exterminating them and sealing their entrance.

Fun times here! I'll try to post some pictures from Cliff's b-day this weekend.


~Heather :O)

No comments: