Saturday, April 24, 2010

New glasses & goodbye Goldie ratgirl













Goldie is dancing at the rainbow bridge with Brownie. She was in pitiful shape on Wednesday and we took her to the vet the next day. Shadow needed to get a heartworm test anyhow, so the vet did not even charge us to put her down. He is a saint. Camden and I buried Goldie in the front yard, so Shadow would not dig her up (per vet's advice).

Also, I retired my glasses and sunglasses this week. Two of the photos of me were taken by Holden (8) and one was a self portrait since my glasses were hard to see in the first photo. My sunglasses (the wire framed ones with the reddish tint) we about 10 years old. I bought them right before Cliff and I were going to Aruba in 2000 on our second honeymoon. And my glasses had two small cracks and lots of scratches from about 6 years of use. I'd say I got my money's worth on them both! Holden went with me to the eye appointment to help me pick out my new specs. The lady helping us pick out the glasses thought Holden was adorable, polite, and smart. She asked why he wasn't in school and when he told her we homeschool she was filled with nothing but nice things to say. She said things like, "Homeschooling is great because you can learn more." I just smiled and nodded.

I'm sure I am forgetting to update on a few other things, but I need to get cracking on making dinner.

~Heather ♥

No comments: