Monday, February 1, 2010

Reunited with a friend from the 1990s

An old buddy of mine from Houston contacted me last year through Facebook. I met him on a Greyhound in 1991 on my way to see Cliff at Air Force bootcamp in San Antonio. There's just some people we will always hold dear to our hearts. And it is that way with us.

We went to dinner in December when I was in Houston visiting my sister for Christmas. He reminded me of things I had long forgotten. He reminded me that I always drank water and never did any dumb things he saw other American girls doing. He said I was thoughtful and insightful (not his exact words). He said I helped him figure out his place in America and to realize his dream to finish college. He was a student at the University of Houston and he was working way too many hours at a full time job. I helped him to realize life is too short to work yourself to death.

He's married now with a beautiful 8 year old son and very successful and sweet wife. It was great to see him and hear of his current life and success!!! When we met for dinner he pulled up in a sweet red convertible Corvette. He even brought me a present. So fun as always!!!!

I'm really grateful my husband trusted me enough to go see my good friend while we were in Texas in December. And I am happy my friend sent me these scanned photos to share. One of these photos is with my sister, Heidi and another photo is of he and I on a ferry boat in Galveston. That was always one of my favorite places to go as a child and still as an adult.

So here's to the memories!!!

~Heather


No comments: