Monday, November 23, 2009

More November thoughts

Been pondering these things today and thinking ahead:

~This decade is called the 2000s right? And next year will be our last year in this decade. The next decade I am assuming we will call the 10s. This child of the 70s is not sure what to make of all this. It sounds so strange.

~Holden will be 8 in a few weeks. I want so badly to buy him an electric guitar. He also wants a walkie talkie set though. So I am keeping an eye out for a good deal on either of those items.

~My birthday is the day before Holden's and I am going to be making some new resolutions to myself again. Cliff and I are going to get another YMCA membership.

~Camden is very passionate about gaming the past six months. I have been watching him and so impressed with all he can do. He found a link to Facebook for a game he wants called, Drawn to Life for DS. And he thinks up new games he wants to play on a daily basis.

~Cliff is at school this morning and he will be home this afternoon for the rest of the week. We'll be having turkey here Thursday and going to a friend's on Friday for more turkey and trimmings.

~Trip planning for Alaska as well. We have our paperwork for our passports. We will be turning it in around February. We plan to be in Alaska sometime in June. We will be driving there and we are very excited. We'll be taking Shadow (dog) and I found out today we just need to take her current rabie shot record for customs to see. She is such a good dog. I am excited that she will be with us.

~ I'm still making calls for the Activated Storytellers. It doesn't pay very much, but I figure it is like a volunteer job from home. LOL. They have done a lot of volunteer work for people over the years and I don't mind. They are good people.

~ Next month we are going to Texas to see family for the holidays. A sweet friend will be house sitting again for us. I will be getting some closure on my grandmother's death last month. We're supposed to be having some sort of burial for her. I am excited about seeing family again.

~ Excited about the Hina Doll trade! Should have more details to share sometime later this week.

All is well here! Sending out happy and grateful thoughts to all!

Happy Thanksgiving!
~Heather
xoxox

P.S. Will edit later. I have work to do now!

3 comments:

Heidi Snavley said...

Cannot wait until you head up this way! I'm already planning:) We are going to have a blast! Setting up a weekend to go to our cabin so Cliff can fish to his hearts desire! Martin may even take him up to Chitna to dipnet the salmon and we'll smoke some of it. You'll have to let us know if there are any particular things you REALLY want to do.

Heather's Moving Castle said...

Heidi~ I read your note to Cliff. He is super excited!!! He said he'd email you directly. Thanks for thinking ahead. Summer will be here before we know it. ~H :O)

Heather's Moving Castle said...

I can't think of anything I want to do other than see live moose and whatever else there is to explore nearby. The kids are excited as well. Holden asks us every so often how much longer till our trip to the NW.