Abby tagged me on Facebook for this meme. I'm not going to tag anyone, but anyone can play along. This should be fun! I am supposed to list 25 random things about myself. It is a way for people to get to know each other. I have had fun reading other people's memes. I hope I don't get carried away. Forgive me if I do!
1. I was born and raised in Houston, Texas--and various other places in Texas.
2. I have five half siblings---two brothers and three sisters. All of them very adorable. Even my baby brother who is going through a terribly angry phase.
3. Both my bio parents are deceased.
4. I have two sons---ages 7 and 4.
5. Oldest was born at Iowa Lutheran with an OGYN.
6. Youngest was born at home with hubby assisting.
7. Both sons weaned naturally at waaay over a year. We still practice AP parenting.
8. I love to read and love to read to the kids in short spurts. I can't read out loud for long periods. My throat starts to feel like it will close up.
9. I used to be a church office manager and a home health aide coord in a previous life.
10. I HATE talking on the phone in my present life, due to my previous life.
11. I love being at home most of the time.
12. I love to cook, but am not much of a baker from scratch. I don't want to learn to bake too badly, because I will eat the whole batch of cookies. I have sugar love issues. LOL.
13. I'm a fruit-aholic. I love mangos, apples, kiwis, avocados, bananas, & artichokes the most
14. I've lived in Texas, Nebraska, Iowa, and Montana and been to New York, California, Canada, Mexico, all states around Iowa, Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida, Idaho, Washington state, Maine, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and the island of Aruba. And I have big dreams to see every national park in the U.S. I love walking trails and being outside on mild days.
15. I'm terrified of snakes, bugs, and spiders. I try really hard to fake that in front of my boys. Thankfully they aren't afraid of anything.
16. We've lived in our house for almost 7 years. That is the longest I've lived anywhere in about 20 years. My favorite thing about where we live now is being near water and all the mature trees in the neighborhood.
17. Been with my husband for over half my life despite some ups and downs. We plan to stick it out! The secret we have found is lots of little dates, constant attention checking in, and respecting each others interests and beliefs.
18. I love karaoke and want to have a karaoke party once I get more songs. I have a fun collection already. I've had a few friends over already and it was a blast. I am not really musically talented, much to my dismay. But I do love to sing.
19. I'm left handed, but not crafty. And my house is colorful, but not decorated finely because I am too frugal and lazy to bargain shop. Shopping is not my thing. I'd rather be traveling, visiting with friends, or hanging with my guys and dog.
20. I was really shy up until I was about 16. Then I was an emcee (master of ceremonies) in college and my favorite class was speech. I loved to make up funny speeches stringing pet stories together.
21. I almost have a two year degree in social work. I stopped because I made more money as a home health aide coordinator, and didn't think I had the guts for social work.
22. I lived on a farm on and off as a child, and love animals. I love big cities too. But I HATE traffic and large smothering crowds.
23. I haven't had a speeding ticket since May of 1997. And I haven't been in a car accident since 1992.
24. Neither my husband nor I smoke or do drugs of any kind. But I don't criticize those who do. But if you are a meth drug dealer, watch out. I have no mercy on meth dealers. LOL. My mom smoked pot all my life. So as a result I choose not to. I am not saying pot is a bad thing, just not me. I have family members who do and friends who do. That's just life.
25. I don't watch a lot of t.v. but I love the internet and blogging is fun for me.
So there's my 25 and I could have listed more, but I think I already did somehow. LOL.
Love and light to all!