Saturday, July 26, 2008

Loving St. Louis area

We are in Illinois just on the other side of St. Louis, Missouri visiting Cliff's Navy Seabee roommate, Nate (and Nate's lovely family) from Iraq. We were going to go to their cabin with them, but it got flooded a few weeks ago, so they invited us to their home instead.

We got here on Wednesday and we have done a lot of fun site seeing. We went to the St. Louis Zoo, the St. Louis Science Center, and the City Museum in St. Louis. The City Museum IS THE COOLEST. PLACE. EVER. PERIOD! The City Museum used to be a 600,000 s.f. shoe factory. The Museum is indoor and outdoor pure fun! A group of 20 very creative artisans created tunnels and huge metal, slinky-like tunnels that go up into the air made out of recycled parts of airplanes, old slides, school chair backs, etc. There's a circus class kids can sign up for. The museum is just incredible. I went into an underground tunnel that was 18" wide, very dark, and made of concrete. It was about 30' long. I am extremely claustrophobic, so I was so tickled I didn't have a panic attack. There is a lot to see at the Museum and I missed some of it. I opted to sit in the car rather than leave when Camden had a bad stomach ache last night and he wanted to rest.

Our friends insisted we go to the City Museum with them last night and we are so glad we did! I have lots of photos to share when I get home and upload them. It is one of those must see places, if you ever go to St. Louis. I read on-line that Mylie Cyrus even had to see it when she was on tour here in 2007. The City Museum is for kids and adults.

Cliff, Holden, Nate, and Nate's wife and kids are at a water park right now in Illinois called Raging Rivers. Camden got sick last night and I am waiting to see if he is well enough to go this afternoon. I am sure he'll be better so I am going to get my suit on.

Much love to all!

~Heather and family xoxoxo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And lucky, lucky us got to do the City Museum when were at the Live and Learn Conference when it was there! Isn't it the most incredible place? Wonderful that you and yours got to experience it!

Heidi Snavley said...

We've been to the City Museum, when we were there for the St.Louis Unschooling Conference. My kids were just talking about it the other day. It was AWESOME!! St.Louis is fun, enjoy!

Heather's Moving Castle said...

We feel so lucky we got do go there!! I figured the Live and Learn folks would get to see it! I wish I was there that year!!