Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Snow, Snow Go Away

We're ready to get the heck out of Dodge! It was cold and windy today--right now it is 37 degrees. It's going to be in the upper 20s tonight (with a chance of snow), a record low for us on this date. To celebrate the cold weather I painted the woodburning stove black since it needed repainting. After it dried we made a nice fire which Holden (4) had been begging for since the night before when we tried to light a fire. LOL. I'd take a photo of it but I am just not in the mood today. I'm missing Cliff and been really busy with the boys.

The boys begged to go somewhere again today. Yesterday we went to buy them some winter shoes. It was quite hectic but we finally found some shoes that will work for them. Camden's current shoes were causing a blister on one of his left big toe because his feet had grown so much. Today we made it to the library and picked up some books and movies. After that they talked me into going to the grocery store to turn in our cans and bottles. With the money we splurged and bought toy cowboy guns that came with black masks. So all afternoon and evening they ran around playing good guy/bad guy. Even the little boy we watch loved the toy guns and masks. Holden says we can make his Halloween costume with these items. I was going to buy them costumes, but we spent too much on the shoes. I told Holden that yesterday and he said it was o.k. we could just make our own costumes. I love that little guy!

Tonight we watched movies by the fire and I went thru hundreds of photos Cliff and I've taken over the last 10 years. I thru a lot of crappy photos and duplicates away. I've been meaning to do this for years! Plus I have boxed up more items for donations. Little by little I'm freeing myself from this house. Cliff is really missing us and he is ready to get this house ready to sell too. We don't know for sure what will happen once we sell this place, but we know it will all work out. Now if I can just get movitated to paint the inside of the house. I figure I can do one wall every night or during Cam's naptime.

If anyone out there wants some neat watercolor prints, let me know. They all have musical instruments with bugs, dog, cat, or birds and are at least 20"x20". I have two that are framed with mats. I always get lots of compliments on them. I didn't paint them. I wish I were that talented! I also have some frames for 4x6 and 5x7, if anyone needs them. We also have a couch in our basement that is pretty comfy with flower print and wicker. It comes with a matching chair, if needed. I may put it on freecycle. We need to get stuff out of our basement so we can rip out the carpet.

Well the heater is kicking off again and I should be dropping off to sleep soon to cuddle with my precious little boys!

1 comment:

Heidi Snavley said...

Well, you are about the same, weather wise, as us right now. 38 degrees but no snow yet. We don't get snow until the end of October usually. Alaska doesn't look so bad right now compared to other ares that got snow storms this week!