Friday, October 27, 2006

More than two babies?

Out of the blue Holden (almost 5) asked me today if people can have more than two babies? I said it depends on if they want more than two and if their bodies can make more babies. He still looked confused. Then he asked if they just had to get married two times to have two babies? Oh boy...is this leading to the birds and the bees or what?

He wondered if babies come from the sky or from God? I wanted to be honest so I told him mommies and daddies do something to make the babies and one day I'll explain it better. He seemed happy with my answer and we left it at that. He didn't seem ready for "the talk." But I assured him I would give him more details when he is ready.

He remembers seeing Camden (2) coming out of me. But I think it is really hard for him to fathom how he got in there? It is a miracle. Life.

Photo: Holden on his 4th birthday, 2005

No comments: